griffinmilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RARE Early Eickhorn slant grip, Personalised!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RARE Early Eickhorn slant grip, Personalised!!!

Hey Guys,

Thought I`d just picture an extremely beautiful slant grip that I have just purchased Some of you might recognise it, as I had a really tough time bidding against some serious bidders!!!!
    Its gotta be one of the most beautiful I`ve got in my collection, and from my understanding, an extremely scarce variant, as Eickhorn didnt really make use of slant grips???
    Too add to this, its got a really great personalisation on the rear of the crossguard. And of course, the early double oval TM.
    But, what I would really like to know is, is this the first type crossguard eagle, as it looks a little different to the one in Wittmann`s book! I`m presuming it is?

Any comments would be greatly appreciated
    Thanks for looking!

Cheers,
    Dion
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Dion; 10-04-2007, 12:38 PM.

The TM. The muck you see on the blade is grease, which will be taken off as soon as I have the dagger in my hands, but in saying that, the vet who had it, and most proberbly applied it, did a sterling job, as its preserved it very well. The blade has needle sharp tip, and absolutely no nicks, dents or rust!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Dion; 10-04-2007, 12:39 PM.

Comment

Pommel
      Attached Files

Comment

The interesting Initials!
        Attached Files

Comment

Dion,
          Great dagger. Many of the early Eickhorns have slant grips. The crossguard looks fine.
          Phil

Comment

Eickhorn

I'm in agreement with Phil. Eickhorn used the "slant grip", but it's very hard to find one. Nice dagger........
            DJ

Comment

Hi Denny and Phil,

Thanks for the compliments guys, much appreciated!

Yeah, agreed, they are difficult to find, first one I`ve seen offered!

I`m gonna be looking very long and hard at that eagle when it arrives, cause I`m not sure what type it is? Its very different to Wittmann`s picture of the first type? If you look at the curvature of the beak on mine, its alot rounder than the flat nose beak thats pictured in Wittmann`s book? I dunno, thats just what I`ve noticed, but it could also be the angle of the pic? I have`nt received the dagger as yet.

Once again, thanks for your comments guys!

Dion

Comment

Hi Dion,

That's a very beautiful dagger. Eickhorn had 4 distinctive crossgards. Wittmann showed only the first and last pattern. For so far I know, he knows that he made a mistake and in the follwing edition he will correct this error.

Regards, Theo
                Freedom is not for Free

Comment

Hi Theo,

Thanks for the reply. Denny was so kind as to provide me with pics of the 4 crossguards, and as far as I can tell from the pics I have of the dagger, it looks to me as if I may have the 2nd type Eickhorn crossguard? In other words, one of the ones Wittmann does`nt show in his book.
                  I certainly hope so, as this variant is defiantely not common!!
                  As for the other 3 bonuses on this dagger, I`m extremely happy to have outbid my other serious opponants, and if the next highest bidder is reading, just to let you know, I was extremely lucky, I literally got this dagger in the last 4 seconds of closing !

Dion

Comment

Well done, Dion!! I'm envious!
                    -Rich

Comment

Hi Rich,

Many thanks for the words mate, but I`m sure you have a couple of pieces That would blow my mind !!
                      But yes, this is a very special piece that`ll have a very special place in my collection!

Dion

Comment

Very Nice Dion,
                        I love the grip shape and color. The whole dagger has a lot going for it. Congrats!

Comment

Slant Eickhorn

Dion
                          Attached is a pic of my Early Eickhorn. It has 1st style fittngs and scabbard and dbl oval mark. Didn't want to steal your thunder, but wanted to show another that you can compare yours with. DJ

Comment

Daggers

Both daggers are awsome and one day I may get my hands on one. Jim

Comment

Hey Denny,

AWESOME dagger!! Its always great to compare, especially works of art like these are! Very nice dagger you have there, love the color of that grip!
                              I have an early slant grip SMF with exactely the same grip, could swear it was from the same dagger??

Eric,

Thanks a ton for the comments! Its always great to have a special item, considering this is a one off piece! But like I mentioned before, I paid blood for it

Dion

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X