DLV or Hunting Association Dagger?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DLV or Hunting Association Dagger?

Forum members, I may have an opportunity to purchase one or two daggers from a gent.......The first one is a short DLV dagger w/blue leather handle and scabbard.....Has original hanger......The blade is very nice as you can see the cross graining and do not think is maker marked.....The other is a National Association Hunting Cutlass.......Eickhorn double etched blade with stag horn handle and straight crossguard......Green leather sheath.......No portepee or hanger that I remember......Very nice blade as well......Both are in very good to excellent condition with just some minor scuff marks to the leather pieces......I can have the DLV one for $500, and the Hunting Association one for $800......Providing I haven't waited too long to decide.....Which is the better buy, as I may only be able to afford one.....Any advice appreciated.....Thanks, Bodes
    Last edited by bodes; 09-14-2007, 08:57 PM.

Bodes,

If the Hunting Association is in as nice of condition as you say and if it has a STAMPED trademark and not an etched one ....GRAB IT and run like hell!

On the other hand if it is a Forestry dagger instead of a Hunting Association I would probably go for the DLV.

Either way you are the one that has to be happy with whichever dagger you choose.

Tony
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

"First ponder, then dare." von Moltke

Comment

Originally posted by Tiger 1 View Post
      Bodes,

If the Hunting Association is in as nice of condition as you say and if it has a STAMPED trademark and not an etched one ....GRAB IT and run like hell!

On the other hand if it is a Forestry dagger instead of a Hunting Association I would probably go for the DLV.

Either way you are the one that has to be happy with whichever dagger you choose.

Tony
      Tony, Thanks for the reply......It is unquestionably a Hunting Association one.....I cannot comment on the trademark, as I do not have it readily in front of me.....However, I do believe it's good.....Thanks again....Bodes

Comment

Hey Bodes,
        Both of these dagger types have some pretty convincing reproductions. Tony gave you one of the best pieces of advice about the stamped trademark on the Hunting dagger. The stamped mark is amlost always good.

There are many other variations with the etched trademark that also might be good. Kidna confusing Yes? I am still learnig too!

Personaly I would rather have the DJ (hunting) dagger

Can you post some pics?

Comment

Thanks guys for the input.....However I found out this morning that the Hunting Association dagger was placed aside.....Another individual had placed a down payment on it.......My only hope now is that he decides later that he doesn't want it..... It was lacking any sort of hanger/frog, and Eickhorn trademark appeared stamped (not etched).....The scabbard was a little more worn/scuffed than I had remembered.....But the rest was pretty nice.....Bodes

btw....What are girls "Youth Knives" worth?.....No swastika on handle, butterknife type tip....Smaller and narrower all the way around, than the standard HJ knife.....

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X