Value of 2nd Luft dagger & NCO swords?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Value of 2nd Luft dagger & NCO swords?

I haven't bought them, but they are at an antique store near me.

I don't know much about these, but from what I have seen, they appear to be these:

1) 2nd pattern Luftwaffe dagger, w/scabbard. Orange handle with wire. Maker WKC (knights head mark). Blade appears to be sharpened. Hanger also, but one clip is broken (for clipping on scabbard ring). Overall, everthing is very dirty, but should clean up. They are asking $439 plus tax. Does it sound like a fair price???

2) (3) NCO army swords. Only (1) scabbard. Silver-colored hilts, ect... No swazes anywhere. I only checked one maker mark, Eickhorn. Appear to be in good condition. Asking price was $249 for the one with scabbard, $129 each for the ones missing scabbards. Are these ball park prices too?

I am really interested in the Luft dagger. If I get it, can I get a replacement clip for the hanger?

All thoughts and comments welcome!
    John

Hi John, I would pass on these items. Firstly, I would never buy a sword or dagger that was missing a scabbard, these can be found, but are not cheap. Marrying up the correct makers is a problem too.
    The sellers prices I think are too high? I have seen good, complete, 2nd pattern Luftwaffe daggers sell $100 cheaper than this. Detlev Niemann sometimes has one or two for sale, but you will need to be quick to nab one.
    Heer NCO's swords never seem to make much money, I think the lack of swastikas and eagles has something to do with this but they are still a nice item, indeed I have one in my collection.
    Hope this helps you?
    Cheers, Ade.

Comment

I agree with Adrian - the 2nd Model Luftwaffe dagger is overpriced for what you're getting (the sharpened blade is the kiss of death!) and the NCO swords will haunt you for years if you buy one or both, especially the one without a scabbard.

Nice 2nd model Luftwaffe daggers complete with hangers and a portepee can still be had for $500.00 - $600.00. Admittedly, this is more than the one you mention but you don't have the hanger 'project' to contend with. Finding the replacement is the easy part. replacing the broken one in a manner that is undetectable is never easy.

Best,
      Skip

Comment

If you like keep your eye on the e-stand or contact me at rfimd2000@yahoo.com. I am going to sell several items from my colection when I return home on the 21st. I have better items than you described that will be less!
        Thanks,
        Bob
        www.collectortocollectormilitaria.com

sigpic

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X