Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Latest SA dagger by Hermann Schneider

Hi All

I would like to share with you my latest SA Dagger pickup by Hermann Schneider, it's in good untouched condition has never been disassembled. Can you please let me now how rare this maker is, and dose it pay to clean the silver fittings or leave them with the age staining.

Thanks
    Mal

SA Dagger

Hi Mal.

Great piece you have there and as rare as SA's get (rated 10 , 10 being the most rare).

As for cleaning your dagger it is a personal taste but most people prefer to leave the age discoloration 'Patina' as it is . The blade could be slightly improved with a little 'Simichrome paste' but be careful around the etching and maker mark.

Hope this helps .

Best wishes.

Ian

Simplydaggers

Comment

I agree with Ian above.

Very nice dagger!

Comment

That's a beauty

Mal,
        That is a really nice dagger,as for rarity,the maker is attributed to 1000 daggers,so only another 999 exist and how many of them are now lost,it is a great find,congatulations.
        As for cleaning it,many collectors like the dull patina on the guards.if you have any green gunge though try to remove it carefully like Ian says with some semichrome,but be careful,it is still abrasive and will take off surface.I usually leave age patina where it is and put several coatings of renwax (renaissance wax)on removing each coating with a clean cloth after application,this can be put on the grip too,it helps stop drying out of the wood.It is particularly good for the blade,same process as before,it helps prevent acid finger marks from greying the blade in 20 years time,good on leather hangers too.
        Don't know what you paid for it but these rare maker SA daggers are going up and up in price at the moment,I think this one is a good investment.

Comment

Excellent! And SUPER rare. If I recall correctly it is the most rare.

Comment

Thanks all

I really appreciate your help, especially to Ian and grip3846 for your advice with the cleaning and protection, I will leave it as it is and just tidy the blade up a bit. I was lucky for a change to get this at a very good price. I also bought this one from a large collection, it to is in good condition and untouched.

Mal

Comment

Mal,
              Those are two great daggers. Rare and desirable makers and nice condition. TW had a Bulldog on his site. I think it was over 2K!

Comment

Yup

jambobbyb has had a Hermann Schneider up for trade for a while now, looking for Luft badges. You've picked up a winner!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,823 at 04:24 PM on Today.

Working...
                X