Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luft 2nd model, markings query.

Hi,
    have a Luft 2nd model always assumed was not maker marked whilst taking some photographs I came across this. Any ideas, its not visible from a cursory inspection. I think its the mark for Max Weyeserberg, the blade must be around the wrong way Does being marked increase its value.?
    cheers Robert
    Attached Files
    Last edited by RobertCOUTTS; 08-20-2007, 11:49 PM. Reason: correction.

I cannot read what it says. It doesn't strike me as a makers mark, even though like I said, I cannot read it all that well. Perhaps it's a distributers marking.

Can you post what is says?

T

Comment

Luft Dagger

another photograph of dagger in question.
      Attached Files

Comment

The maker is WMW Waffen. The WMW stands for Waffenfabrik Max Weyersberg. Sometimes the stamp is parallel with the blade like this one or it can be perpendicular to the blade. Just depends upon who was stamping the trademark that day. An example can be seen on page 192 of Tom W's book on Luftwaffe daggers.

Doug
        Last edited by cadprof7; 08-20-2007, 11:54 PM.

Comment

Dagger query

okay worked out the maker of the last dagger but now I have another query, how much variation existed between makers. I have 2 luftwaffe 2nd models and there are a number of differences. The Eagles beak, eye and claws. The swaztika on the pommel also differs, the Herder being larger in size. Any replies would be appreciated.
          cheers Robert
          Attached Files

Comment

Luft 2nd models

another..
            Attached Files
            Last edited by RobertCOUTTS; 08-21-2007, 12:52 AM. Reason: wrong photograph

Comment

Luft 2nd model

swastikas
              Attached Files

Comment

Luft 2nd model

rear of crossguard. I have never noticed these differences before. I am intending to keep one of these daggers which one would be the most desireable from a collecting standpoint. The Herder (orange handle) has the better blade,.
                cheers Robert
                Attached Files

Comment

Yes,
                  Cadprof is correct. No I can see the image. Indeed WMW.

You can expect mnor variences in the fittings from maker to maker. Very common. Often times, fittings were shared between makers as well.

T

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,823 at 04:29 PM on Today.

Working...
                  X