Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

identification needed

Hello to all

My totally lack of knowledge on edged weapons make me posting this identification request.

I got this knife in a small lot, and I wonder if someone could identify it? Is it post-war?

I looks like a HJ- style knife. Markings says : Schneidteufel, Solingen-Germany.
    The handle shows a place were once a sort of HJ-style symbol was - the ones you can find on those small HJ daggers -, could it been denazified?

Thanks alot in advance for the help

cheers

Jan
    Attached Files

sorry for the poor pictures
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi Jan, your knife could either be a pre war or a post war knife based upon the HJ hike knife. It does appear to have some age to it. The blade and quillion would be non regulation for a HJ knife. The "Germany" in the makers title would indicate that it was possibly intended for the export market. Many Solingen knife makers were very frugal and used the tooling from the HJ knife to make Scout knives. I have seen these with a white metal Scouting "Fleurs Des Lys" emblem in the diamond insert. You can still buy these. I suspect that what was once fitted to yours?
      Hope this helps you?
      Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Thanks Ade, It's on his way to the surplus-box

greetings

Jan

Comment

Never have heart of this maker mark!!
          I think it is a post war knife with HJ grips!
          This is only my opinion!
          Kurt

Comment

Hello Kurt

thanks for relpying...

Never have heart of this maker mark!!
            Which 'maker-mark' do you mean? The one that Ade described? Or the inscription on the knife I posted?

again, I know zero concerning edged weapons, so forgive me if this is a stupid question

groetjes

Jan

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X