Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hj dagger on detlevs

hi all
    heres a hj dagger that was on detlevs update today whats everyones opinion of it to me the blade loojs really odd material and is it the pfhoto or does the scabbard have a lip,anyway it sold in seconds but was allways under the impression scabbards with a lip where a definite no no
    stu
    you can get clearer photos of the scabbard on detlevs site had to make them smaller to get them on
    Attached Files

It seems that i need to be a member on Detlev's site in order to see the items, which im not.
    But ive learned that lips on scabbards is a easy way to determine a fake too, its not just you and me, but all the times a HJ scabbard with a lip was posted here, everybody agreed it was a fake because of that characteristic.

Comment

Yess

The scabbard is indeed a fake, 100%. If you look at the leather hanger, that's a repro as well. Here's a great guide for beginners like me: http://www.lakesidetrader.com/HJlesson.html. I think the actual knife is good, but as a whole, it's a no-no. Aside from that, it's missing the little rivet.

JAN

Comment

well some poor sod was more than happy to spend $263 on it within seconds of being on the update,cant understand this surely someone with detlevs experiance should know this is not correct ,but being detlev people just take it that they must be good, but i have noticed that the odd fake items seem to be appearing more and more on his updates
        stuart

Comment

Yes, IMO the scabbard is a faker.

Comment

prob put money on the leather buffer on the blade being a recent addition too, looks abit clean and fresh to me

Comment

Originally posted by evilmike View Post
              prob put money on the leather buffer on the blade being a recent addition too, looks abit clean and fresh to me
              Mike, this is not the only HJ dagger ive seen with a leather bufffer too "clean and fresh", this doesnt always indicate it is a post-war replacement.

Here you can see Mark's (Stomper) HJ dagger, having the leather buffer in almost the same condition as it is on Detlev's update.
              But that doesnt mean its a fake.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=209951

Comment

very true, but that one very nice condition i was looking at the wear and the loss of scabbard at some point in its life indicating towards a possible well loved and hard life. in the hand no doubt it would present a esay assessment, whether the leather is loose and colour.

thats why i never bet money :P hehe

Comment

not knowing anything about hj knives i love the crappy unfinished work on the crossguard

Comment

Notice the rivots don't match looks like a rebuild with some fake parts or a mixture. I would stay away.

Paul

Comment

Who dares to inform him?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X