Renwax question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Renwax question

Hello all, I would like some information regarding Renaissance wax. Firstly, does the wax clean as well as protect? I've got a small dagger collection that I wouldn't mind using renwax on, and was wondering if it cleans them up at all as well? They're not too bad off really, but my NSKK Holbein could use some bladework, and my kriegsmarine dagger's bronze/gilt fittings could use a go/poilsh. I don't want to overclean to "mint condition" just a nice tidy job. Secondly is there a process involved when using renwax? or just a simple rub-on? I'm new to blades.
    Any help would be appreciated
    Thanks

Everything you need to know about Ren-wax and it's other products can be found here:

http://www.picreator.co.uk/

It's not used for cleaning/polishing, (the wax that is), only for applying a protective surface.

Everyone has their own ideas about cleaning daggers, I personally only clean/polish a blade very lightly by hand with a small amount of Simichrome or a similar product, (something not too abraisive), then the Ren-wax goes everywhere else, including the blade...

Comment

Try a hommade "sudsy amonia" or you can buy some. It cleans very well and it's non-abrassive. Semichrome works great, but be careful. If you use too much or go too hard with the stuff, you can damage blades for example removing crossgraining from an Army blade. It will also remove the gold colored gilting on a saber hilt. Just be sparing and careful should you choose to go with it.

Regarding Renwa, it's great. Like Scott pointed out, it will not clean. It serves as a protectant and it seems to apply a very minor pollish. (I had used it on 1st Luft leather grip and wow, what a nice looking shine) It creates an impervious layer on a blade, hilt, leather, etc. It will prevent fingerprints from eating away at your blade. It also will make it easier to remove dust and particulates from daggers and awards you display. It can be used on just about anything. However, from experience, DO NOT USE IT ON SAKE CUPS OR BOTTLES. It will remove the painted Kanji.

T

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X