Naval Dagger Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Naval Dagger Question

I was browsing some Estate jewelry stores thet other day and came across two naval daggers for sale. One was damaged and had a hammered scabbard and etched blade.Eichorn marked.

The second was in good shape had the knot still originally wrapped on the dagger. No etching on the blade and also Eichorn marked. The knot was either a gold color or it tarnished that color over the years. It had a blue cloth waist belt with Lion head buckles attached to the hangers. The owner said it was supposedly a Dagger belonging to an "Admiral Mohr". I dont know enough about Kriegsmarine to know if thats true. But he wants to sell the dagger and I dont know a fair price to offer him.Help would be appreciated. He has no other TR items and is a Jewelry estate broker.

Hi,

Would it be not strange that an Admiral choose for an example without etching that was rather standard for KM daggers. Some reference works writes even that a plain KM-blade only was intended for naval cadets. I think most of those guy's would also have their monogram applied on the blade or the scabbard.

Regards, Theo
    Freedom is not for Free

Comment

I thought the same, It looked to me like a plain navy dagger,untouched really and a nice one. So I am wondering with all the gear with it what I should offer him.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X