No announcement yet.

Rad Daggers!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now that Yancy points out these things, I would pass it along, because I paid that much for mine, so I would wait on this one and try to find a better one .

Comment

OK, thanks fellas. I'll give it a day or two to see if anyone else can add anything and then make me descion. I'll let you know which way I go.

Cheers
      David.
      At Rathau on the Aller, the CO of 5th Royal Tanks advanced on foot to take a cautious look into the town before his tanks moved in. He encountered one of his own officers, a huge Welshman named John Gwilliam who later captained his country's rugby team, 'carrying a small German soldier by the scruff of his neck, not unlike a cat with a mouse.' The Colonel said: 'Why not shoot him?' Gwilliam replied in his mighty Welsh voice: 'Oh no, sir. Much too small.'

Comment

Or even my decision.
        At Rathau on the Aller, the CO of 5th Royal Tanks advanced on foot to take a cautious look into the town before his tanks moved in. He encountered one of his own officers, a huge Welshman named John Gwilliam who later captained his country's rugby team, 'carrying a small German soldier by the scruff of his neck, not unlike a cat with a mouse.' The Colonel said: 'Why not shoot him?' Gwilliam replied in his mighty Welsh voice: 'Oh no, sir. Much too small.'

Comment

Hello again!!
          I found you a much better one for the same price, see how you like it.
          http://www.germanmilitaria.com/Polit...os/N02848.html

Comment

Ooo thanks Tyler I like it. I assume we can safely say that one is an original?

are those US or Canadian dollars?

Cheers
            David.

Comment

Yes thats a great dealer, but i dont know if its $US or $Can.

Comment

Rad Fatman

Anyone have a Fatman Hewer? There is some that say they are not period, I believe they are period and if I could figure out how to post a picture I will show you mine.

Comment

Hello! I would love to see your dagger , but your not an Assciation member , this is why you cant attach photos. You could join for $20, or you could send the photos to me at
                  tramsey@ramseysemporium.com
                  and I'll post them here for you

Comment

Ok, I joined last night, how long before I could post, there should be an icon for pictures/attatchments?

Comment

Hello!
                      Here is Garrets Hewer , Its a rare example of the "fatman"
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Tyler Ramsey; 05-31-2003, 04:10 PM.

Comment

Last edited by Tyler Ramsey; 05-31-2003, 04:10 PM.

Comment

Heres a link to an ebay auction that featured a 19th century German hunting knife that looks alot like a RAD hewer. Mike
                          http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...gory=4070&rd=1

Comment

Well folks did I go for it?

The seller is absolutely insistent that the hewer is genuine. He says he has had more than one dealer offer to buy it from him but, of course, at dealer prices. He wasn't very happy when I suggested passing on it (remember I bought this on a BIN) and on further thought I decided to go through with it. I know doubts have been expressed about it but weighing everything up I think it is ok although it looks like it's been around a bit.

Thanks for the advice fellas it was taken onboard and I think I'll take the chance.

Oh, and Tyler, the other one you found for me; I've bought that one as well

Cheers
                            David.

Comment

GREAT David!!!
                              I hope you enjoy both of them as much as I enjoy mine!

Comment

identical Alcoso R.A.D

Hello.

I saw the identical ALCOSO R.A.D EM dagger that David C posted at the San Diego Militaria show-it was going for $450-now that I got a chance to handle it in person im more inclined to believe its OK-thats still odd that they have no RAD patent mark-I guess just an early piece-Im a tuff sell -I can find a flaw in anything!!I prefer to make a mistake and assume something is no good and miss out on a good item rather than get burned with a item that i assume is good only to find out later its no good-I will continue to ask around and research this particular maker of R.A.D EM daggers and let you guys know what i find out-

Yancy

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X