X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army on E-stand

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=221197

dagger

Dont want to be an expert but Im afraid it is standard WKC dagger late war production with fake blade.Ive seen blade like this also to SA daggers on quasi ebay sites in Germany.Just my opinion.
    Last edited by zet; 05-18-2007, 10:53 AM.

Comment

Klittermann & Moog making Army Daggers? With a WKC crossguard?

Regards, Theo
      Freedom is not for Free

Comment

Seiler

Comment

wHOOPS!!!

Comment

yep..seen them with inf reg 73, 74, 78, 89..the list is endless..the blades are out of Pakistan and can be had for around 45 dollars U.S.

Comment

Army K&M Damast

My first comment would be that this appears to be artificial damascus from the pics.

The blade has a new look to it with what looks like ALL gold plating remaining on "inscriptions" and new-like appearance of the artificial damast, in comparison to the fittings.

Unplated, late, WKC crossguard and plated, generic scabbard (could be, but ?)?

Super rare, unheard of maker at the same time? Lots of coincidences/oddities, here....... TOO many to suit my tastes.

There seem to be many different things about this dagger that would lead a person to having serious doubts about it's authenticity without giving it a closer look, 1st hand. JMHO....
              DJ
              <!-- / message -->

Comment

Would a blade of this (supposed) quality, false Damascus or real, be shoved into fittings of unremarkable finish? Most genuine blades of that sort I've seen have been in silver plated fittings to match the quality.

Comment

Lampwick,

It all depends on the time frame when the dagger was actually made. Earlier daggers would be of better quality while later daggers may show some lesser finish quality due to wartime expedience. Again dependant on the particular maker. In the case of WKC their later war finishes suffered when compared with their early war and prewar quality.

The blade shown is an artificial damascus pattern etched on the blade. The maker and the inscriptions with the gilt bling are just more crap to fool the unwary or those that haven't done their homework. As Denny mentioned there are "Lots of coincedences/oddities, here." Way too many in fact IMO also.

The blade is faked while the fittings and the rest of the dagger may turn out to be good.

Just some thoughts.

Tony
                  An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

"First ponder, then dare." von Moltke

Comment

Originally posted by Tiger 1 View Post
                    Lampwick,

It all depends on the time frame when the dagger was actually made. Earlier daggers would be of better quality while later daggers may show some lesser finish quality due to wartime expedience. Again dependant on the particular maker. In the case of WKC their later war finishes suffered when compared with their early war and prewar quality.

The blade shown is an artificial damascus pattern etched on the blade. The maker and the inscriptions with the gilt bling are just more crap to fool the unwary or those that haven't done their homework. As Denny mentioned there are "Lots of coincedences/oddities, here." Way too many in fact IMO also.

The blade is faked while the fittings and the rest of the dagger may turn out to be good.

Just some thoughts.

Tony
                    Yes Tony I take it as read that the blade is a wrong'un! I bought quite a few of this sort of blade from Rex Reddick in the late 70's, my pride and joy being a Damascus full Rohm inscription in gold married to gold Honour fittings. Terry

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X