LW Blade Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LW Blade Help

Hi all, I'm not a dagger collector, but this is a US veteran brought back blade, still owned by the family. Although they don't intend to sell it, they've asked me to tell them about it. I shot it on my poker table the other night, without much battery power left in my cam, but here it is. It's uncleaned, and natural in every way. Can I get some details and possible value?
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Great looking 1st model Luftwaffe dagger by SMF with nickel fittings. Is the clip marked? I think a fair price is in the $800 range, dealers would ask more.
            WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

Make sure to tell them never to clean it. It looks like a very nice example.
              Ignored Due To Invisibility.

Comment

I in fact told him three things. It's a 1st model Luftwaffe dress dagger, it's worth perhaps $1k, and never, EVER clean it.... Thanks for the help guys...

Comment

I think the grip is a little too worn as evidenced in pics 2 and 3 to fetch $1000 but I could be wrong. Is the clip marked?
                  WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

I'm sure that you're right Gene. I just threw that out to him as a round ballpark number. I really don't follow dag prices. It's not here anymore, he just brought it by while we were playing poker one night, so I can't answer the clip mark. There is a "72" visable on the throat of the scabbard...

Comment

Johann - That's a sweet looking dagger. Agree on the price range. Dealer would ask $1K.

Looks like a WaAmt on the blade too.
                      Alitur vitium vivitque tegendo

Comment

It looks like a government property dagger to me also. Nice dagger! FP

Comment

Thanks for all of the help guys. This is the first time that the collecting world has laid eyes on it. Not perfect, but no signs of tampering either. Brad will be happy to hear your comments...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X