Portepee and Troddel ID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Portepee and Troddel ID

Hi to all...4 Pictures to follow of 2 silver portepee and two troddel. Can someone advise what they are for. I have done some legwork on the forum as well as reading Johnson's book Collecting The Edged Weapons of The Third Reich v.1. I also have SCHUPO's book on order. Until then I need a nudge in the right direction. Here is what I am thinking...

Smaller portepee has about 9" of cord and is 12" overall. Likely for either a 1st or 2nd Luft.

Larger portepee has 16 1/2" cord and is 19 1/2" overall. For any of Heer or 1st or 2nd Kriegs.

Troddel with coppery color stem is some sort of Heer Artillery unit possibly and the yellow stem one is possibly Heer Infantry.

OK...how'd I do?

Regards,
    Stu
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Stu W; 02-28-2007, 11:27 PM.

2/4

Attached Files

Comment

3/4

Attached Files

Comment

4/4

Attached Files

Comment

Stu,

You are correct about the short Portepee and the long Portepee for officer daggers.

The red/yellow/red Troddel is for the 10th Co. of the IIIrd Bn. of Infantry and the green/yellow/green Troddel is for the Staff of the III Bn. of Infantry. They can also represent Artillerie Batteries (i.e. 8th Batt. for the first one) but this is the most common designation.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X