• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Officers SS Degen

One that I stashed a few years back. JR
    Attached Files

Very nice!

Comment

Ah, there you are JR! Watch out for the "Wizz" with pictures like this...

Comment

Ss

A real beauty Captain Black!!!!

PVON

Comment

You know JR. that nobody likes a show off.......we love it!

Comment

And one other one with a number that I was able to trace.
            Attached Files

Comment

I know that many collectors turn their noses up at the Dachau types, but they are beautiful in their own right.
              Attached Files

Comment

Pmd
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by JR. View Post
                  I know that many collectors turn their noses up at the Dachau types, but they are beautiful in their own right.
                  JR,
                  Why some do that?

Comment

Here is what I just told another collector. Collectors like early all silver Army daggers, early nickel Luft swords, and early maker marked SS / SA daggers. When it come to later aluminum daggers/ swords and RZM plated SA/SS daggers, the guys just perfer the edged weapons made early on with early pre-war materials. Muller set up his Dachau forge somewhere around 38-39 with a lifetime contract submitted by Himmler, in order to produce the finest edged weapon for the SS. Muller was the 1st to use stainless steel in the manufacturing of SS degens. He didn't use nickel and probably other than say SS Honor Daggers or Himmler Birthday swords, didn't have nickel at his disposal for every day ordinary use in SS officer and NCO swords. So these Dachau swords are plated steel with stainless steel blades.

The other thing is, that when the GI liberated Dachau, naturally they went into Mullers forge and business. There they found many degens in various stages of being completed. Wanting these swords for their war souvenirs, they went about trying to assemble them the best that they could. So, some of the Dachau swords could possibly been assembled actually post war. Big deal. They are beautiful swords, valuable and belonged to the most feared organizatiion that ever walked the face of the earth. JR

Comment

Ssd
                      Attached Files

Comment

Thank you for your detailed explanation, to me they are all incredibly nice, no exceptions. Regarding Luft badges I understand when people prefer earlier ones over zinc ones.
                        You have an outstanding collection, I am just amazed, in my opinion these swords are among the nicest TR items.
                        Mario

Comment

JR, how do you manage to take such photos, you should be a photographer for some famous magazine Very nice degens indeed.

Comment

Thank you for the kind words. I'm thinking about offering a service for full colored business cards, completely laminated both front and back, and photos on both sides.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X