SS-Officers Swords- Early or Dachau

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS-Officers Swords- Early or Dachau

I am looking to purchase an SS Officers Sword. Question is which one. Cash is an issue as always. The Dachaus are less expensive and the steel looks alot brighter. I would like the opinions on members who have both in their collection. I am also aware of the police swords being turned into SS by switching parts. How to tell? Thanks in advance.

Only one answer is possible........

.....early !!!!!
    Attached Files

Comment

Very nice Robin!

Comment

Now the question is, where to buy an early officers sword. Not much on line and prices are outrageous. Unfortunately I cannot travel to any shows to shop around being that I have a new baby. You looking to sell that sword Robin? I know the answer already. It is a looker.

Comment

Keep your eyes open. Recently a nice later Dachau went for around $4000 on GDC clasifieds. Maybe it was less....can't recall.

They're out there. But of course you need the green $$$$$$$$$$$.

Comment

ss sowrd

ok, if you had the choice of an early ss officers, no maker, non take down pommel, the one that screws into the separate piece, covered with the little internal cap, no knot, exc - for 6,000.00. or a mint krebs mid period, with knot, bag, the type where when you remove the pommel, you can see the tang, but still cannot remove the grip without damaging the runes disc as it is pinned through the tang, this one for 8,000.00. which one would be the choice to buy?

Comment

The best quality SS swords in my experience are the Krebs marked ones.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X