Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with regard to swords

Hello forum...

I am not a sword collector... and thus not familiar with values, models, etc.

A guy in town e-mailed me some photos this morning of his dad's sword collection.

A couple years ago... I bought some daggers... and now... he has the swords out of storage.

I assume the Japanese swords have handles... and were removed for these photos. Most swords appear to be German.

I think this stuff is going to be pricey... since... he isn't eager from me to run on over... and buy the lot.

Thank you..
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Some of these swords have problems. For example, no scabbard on one German Navy sword and the wrong scabbard on another. The japanese swords have storage scabbards (with no fittings) so they might not have hilts or if they do, only plain wood storage hilts so you are only buying the blade in effect.

It all depends upon what you can get the lot for moneywise. The only thing you can do is pay your money and take your chance or let them go. I don't see anything particularly outstanding in the lot but it is hard to make them out from the hodge-podge photograph.

Comment

Thanks for the info.

This guy doesn't know what he has.... but... will probably want too much for the lot...

I will tell him about the Kreigsmarine sword has a wrong scabbard.

Thanks again...

Comment

Ditto Schupo's comments. See what kind of $$$$ he wants for the lot. I would definitely consider some of them however.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X