X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

... and.... flash off...
    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the price estimates and discussion guys. I do agree that the flash tends to bring out every flaw. But even with the naked eye the blade had a lot of discoloring etc. I guess it is possible that it could clean up. I will wait to see if he lowers the price a bit... thanks again!
      HC

Comment

Originally posted by sdp View Post
        The blade looks bad because the photos have been taken with the flash on. This picks up all the nasty bits and pieces on the blade that normally don't show when we look at it with our eyes.
        Hello sdp. Aren't you just proving the case that you should value this SS dagger even less? Just because you can't see damages doesn't mean it should be worth more....

Comment

I'd say that the knife is worth the asking price, if you don't mind the blade being in that condition. The price just seems to pretty fairly reflect the condition of the knife. However, I've seen knives in worse condition, with considerably larger asking prices. It wouldn't suit me personally since, in my opinion, the blade is one of the most important features of a knife. Otherwise, I'd say it's a fair deal.

Comment

Good input, thanks.
            HC

Comment

Originally posted by Wizard View Post
              Hello sdp. Aren't you just proving the case that you should value this SS dagger even less? Just because you can't see damages doesn't mean it should be worth more....
              No actually, quite the opposite.

My point is that these "blemishes" show up in the blade a lot more with the flash on. Most people advise to take photos outside in natural sunlight, where these sort of things would never show up.

I think most of our blades, (unless you're fortunate enough to only own mint daggers), would look worse than what they appear to be if all the photos were taken under these circumstances.

How far do you want to scrutinize a Boker SS, at the current asking price, in the condition it's in?

The dagger in question is worth every single cent of the asking price.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X