Heinrich Krom.....Unknown Maker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heinrich Krom.....Unknown Maker?

I have an early quality SA 1933 dagger that was a vet pick up a few years ago.......the crossguard is stamped with the Hochland 'Ho' and both the dagger and scabbard are etched with the owner's number '14/32248'.

The odd thing is the maker........the maker mark is 'Hch. Krom, Muenchen'. It's a standard oval mark, but with no design inside the oval....just the name. The dagger's set out in a display and I don't want to remove it for photographing.

Has anyone else got a dagger by this Munich maker? I can't find him in any of the references.

Listed here Robin: Clicky
    At Rathau on the Aller, the CO of 5th Royal Tanks advanced on foot to take a cautious look into the town before his tanks moved in. He encountered one of his own officers, a huge Welshman named John Gwilliam who later captained his country's rugby team, 'carrying a small German soldier by the scruff of his neck, not unlike a cat with a mouse.' The Colonel said: 'Why not shoot him?' Gwilliam replied in his mighty Welsh voice: 'Oh no, sir. Much too small.'

Comment

Hi Robin,

I also cannot find much reference on this maker but as you may/may not be aware you maker is HCH Krom Munich , McSarr rated 10 .
      Sounds like a nice early SA that would be the highlight of any collection.

Thanks, Wendy
      Last edited by Larry Lipps; 01-26-2007, 08:28 AM.

Comment

Thanks to you both!

That's a nice site you have there Wendy........and some very reasonable prices!
        Last edited by Robin Lumsden; 01-25-2007, 07:16 AM.

Comment

Thats a real compliment coming from you Robin.

My first book was yours and I am grateful for the knowledge I got from it.

Best wishes, Wendy

Comment

Originally posted by simply daggers View Post
            My first book was yours and I am grateful for the knowledge I got from it.
            Now I'm blushing!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X