Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jonathan, STRADALE, Thank You for the kind words on the Full Rohm.

As veteran collectors know they do exist like this. Meaning full crossgrain, full burnishing, never been cleaned or disassembled. With it's original vertical hanger in place.
    However with all the humped-up and 'brought-back-to-near mint' daggers that are so prevalent on the threads today it's easy to think that's all that's out there.

Jonathan,
    At last years MAX show a vets son walked it with the most wonderful SS Honor dagger in original uncleaned condition with a near mint damascus blade and walked right past me and into the hands of Witty.
    Same show a vet walked in with a old fashioned lady grocery stroller filled with swords. Walking down the aisles one of them had a felt cover. When someone inquired it was pulled out and it was a SS damascus Heavy Silver Lions head Sword belonging to Hans Collani. -Price $500.- That was the price for each one in the stroller.

And if that was not enough a 'walk-in' who came to the first table through the door with a Full Rohm that could be the twin of the one I show here (from what I was told) and it was sold for $1,500.

-wagner-

Comment

Here is mine:
      Regards,
      Michael
      Attached Files

Comment

Boker with the Art Deco trademark.
        Attached Files

Comment

Nice JR.

A M 33 with Norwegian Frontfighter silver badge and SS 8 years + Lapland shield

Comment

Originally posted by Michael73 View Post
            Here is mine:
            Regards,
            Michael
            Here is mine

Chained SS Dagger
            This dagger is an example we find with a maker marked blade, often we see this, as a result of men buying only a replacement scabbard, upon qualifying to wear the chain. For instance, in his book on subject of SS Daggers, Wittman points out this fact on page 148. Fittings on this dagger are nickel plated, showing moderate use and wear, about good to fine condition. Black handle without chipping, exhibiting moderate use, while SS enameled badge and eagle in very fine condition. Blade is marked "RZM 1211/39 SS", SS motto deep etched, un cleaned blade, nearly very fine condition; scabbard does not match fittings; it is magnetic, painted, shows moderate dents and scratches throughout, ball is dented, all screws present, untouched and uncleaned scabbard; chain is non magnetic, SS marked, shows extensive use and very small period repair. Overall, this dagger is in good to very good condition. Accompanying the dagger is a hanger with belt loop.
            Attached Files

Comment

Great daggers all! Also thanks emadals.com for the information.

Comment

The ole Dirty Bird.
                Attached Files

Comment

3/4
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hammesfahr.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Dirtier-

Comment

Bring on the dirty ones, Boys!

Comment

Here is my serial numbered M33 ground Rohem by Eickhorn with vertical hanger. Hopefully one of these days I can ID it.

Fritz
                          Attached Files

Comment

here is the serial number
                            Attached Files

Comment

Now back to the dirty ones, here is my M36 chained totally uncleaned, you gotta love the ones with a thick patina.

Fritz
                              Attached Files

Comment

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 14 users online. 0 members and 14 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X