Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry for the poor photographic skills but here's my minty professional GR Boker.
    Attached Files

Comment

Love it Erich..

Comment

Originally posted by STRADALE View Post
        Love it Erich..
        Thanks for the kind words. I'm not a dagger collector and I just wanted one minty example and it had to be a BOKER!

Comment

Eickhorn Factory Ground Rohm Re-Issue

Missed a few the other nite. Here is a nice Factory Ground M33SS Rohm that was re-issued with added etched RZM Code. They didn't throw any good items away at the factory.
          Attached Files

Comment

Peaked at earlier this is my favorite SS dagger.

-wagner-

Comment

Wags: Interesting. Look how far down the blade the motto is. Also, on the railway scabbard in the background, a long tip on the end.

Comment

Motto far down the blade is a typical feature of Eickhorn Röhms (both SA and SS), isn't it?

Comment

Blade etching seems below the quality one would expect to see on a SS rohm IMO. What about the crossguard mark...if thats a roman numeral 1, did they ever stamp them horizontally like that?

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Weinand View Post
                    Wags: Interesting. Look how far down the blade the motto is.

Yes. Here is a better photo. What is the interesting part besides the Rohm mottos were most always placed farther down the blade? You see anything else? I'm still learning.

-wagner-

Comment

Originally posted by juoneen View Post
                      Blade etching seems below the quality one would expect to see on a SS rohm IMO. What about the crossguard mark...if thats a roman numeral 1, did they ever stamp them horizontally like that?
                      Really? Can you show me where ?

If you handle enough SS daggers over the years you will find more than one example stamped horizontally. I've seen them and they were all on 100% original daggers. However you don't see them stamped like this often.

-wagner-

Comment

My comment was concerning the SS Motto, not the Rohm inscription. Also, I see nothing bad in the etch IMO. I am showing an Eickhorn factory ground Rohm right above Wags dagger and the distance on the SS motto in relationship to the crossguard is definately different. Just an observation.
                        You can also see this in Rohm Daggers by Pack.

Comment

Originally posted by juoneen View Post
                          There is nothing wrong with an SS district mark stamped horizontally. I had one with a II stamped horizontally and I've seen one other II and a III stamped that way.

Comment

Sone gorgeous daggers posted - Serge your Rohm is easily the finest Eickhorn example I've ever seen, a stunner

Jonathan

Of course if you want to listen to the naysayers I'll happily take it off your hands

Comment

Wagner, Ron,
                              Thanks for posting those.
                              Amazing blades.
                              Full Rohm SS - Remarkable..........

Comment

Talk about awesome....

Wow..there are some very nice collections out there. Im still hunting my first SS dagger LOL!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 24 users online. 0 members and 24 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X