Comment

Thats it for now....Best Jimmy

Comment

My small collection....
          Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

In this thread are some of the best looking, best-conditioned daggers I've ever seen. Most of them are way beyond what you see on the average dealer website or even what is available at most any militaria show. You can scour such places repeatedly for long periods of time, never finding examples such as many that I've seen in this thread alone. At a previous MAX Show, for example, I found exactly one such exceptional dagger in the whole show, and I bought it.

However, after looking at the extremely large hoard of SS Daggers here and on other threads, it would seem that (or, at least creates the illusion that) they really aren't quite as rare as one might think. Oh, don't get me wrong. I know they aren't abundantly available, of course. However, there sure are a lot more of them out there in mass, in private collections, literally by the countless dozens and beyond, than I had ever imagined. Yes, I know this is a thread specifically calling for SS Dagger photos on an SS forum, for SS collectors, but....WOW anyway!!!

How lucky you all are to have amassed such huge quantities, in individual collections, apparently during earlier more price-friendly times. I just had to miss out on that... However, on second thought, there's always the possibility that there are lots more REALLY rich people in this hobby than ever I imagined. I sure can't compete with you there, but it's nice to wistfully look at them all anyway.

Congratulations!

Chris
              Last edited by Stahlhelm; 01-31-2008, 07:19 PM.

Comment

Mega-mint

Totally unworn, unissued, and Mint.

MIKE
                Attached Files

Comment

SS 1936 chain dagger

Here from my collection.

SS 36 -chain type II

The owner in the SS left this behind in Norway in the end of 45.
                  The dagger is minty and now one have buffed with it.
                  Im the 3 owner after the orginal German ss offiser have it !

I get it some time ago from one of Norway biggest collectors of German daggers. He have taken care of it last 15 years. Before that,- the dagger was in the house where it was found from origin end of 45..

Here it is.

LH 600

SS chain with runes

Closer pics of dagger. Nice crossgaining, minty blade.Some few runner marks

Last edited by LH 600; 02-02-2008, 08:43 PM.

Comment

This purported SS dagger is being auctioned. It looks wrong to me, because the inscription on the blade is not on the same side of the dagger as the runes.

(Edit: the photo has uploaded teeny weeny, but you can see it better on the auction site !

http://www.tennants.co.uk/BidCat/Cat...now=Submit+now

Post script: This fellow sold for GBP 1,900 (not to me I might add), last friday. Estimate had been GBP 600-GBP 700
                    Last edited by The_Moog; 03-03-2008, 09:22 PM.

Comment

The dagger has more than likely been taken apart and put back together with the handle the wrong way round

Comment

A fantastic collection of daggers that I personaly never tire at looking at
                        you , lucky,lucky people regards steve

Comment

"Without a doubt, Rob's SS collection is easily the most impressive that I have seen. Deserving of a museum in my opinion."

You are right, it is impressive
                          <!-- / message -->

Comment

One of my all time best.

Cased Himmler !!!
                            Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 9 users online. 0 members and 9 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X