Army Officer Dagger???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Officer Dagger???

These aren't the best pics, but I am curious to hear if people think this is legit or not. Thanks.
    Attached Files

pic 2
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi, looks OK from the pics so far. The blade has been taken out at some point and put back the wrong way, the makers mark should be seen from the back of the dagger.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Good Observation! Thank you. What would be a fair price for this dagger?
        --Chris

Comment

Hi Chris, Heer Officers daggers seem to sell around at around $500 to $600 on the top dealers sites. I have seen them sell at less on the E Stand

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Army

Chris
            The blade is the heart of a dagger. For it to be worth $500-$600 as pictured, it would have to be properly cleaned and have nearly all the spotting, come off (and not have the cleaning adversely affect crossgraining of the blade). I think the value is closer to $350 with a blade like the one shown. If you were to buy this at $500-$600, you'd have a very hard time getting your money back IF the blade wasn't much cleaner. Just my opinion though....
            DJ

Comment

Thanks guys! I realize condition is a huge factor in daggers, and I don't think that any of the daggers I've listed would be considered pristine.
              ---Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian Stevenson View Post
                Hi Chris, Heer Officers daggers seem to sell around at around $500 to $600 on the top dealers sites. I have seen them sell at less on the E Stand

Cheers, Ade.
                Ade ,
                I have bought a WKC heer dagger on e=stand with hangers and knot for 350 Euro

Randy

Comment

Almost everything here depends on how the blade cleans up. My guess is probably closer to $400 - $450, and that's dependent on the blade looking better than the photos.
                  Last edited by Larry Lipps; 12-07-2006, 09:45 PM.
                  Ignored Due To Invisibility.

Comment

Can you post any close ups of the blade? Also does the handle have any chips or cracks in the rear?

Comment

Originally posted by HunterSS View Post
                      Can you post any close ups of the blade? Also does the handle have any chips or cracks in the rear?
                      No chips or cracks in the bakelite. The guy who owns this dagger is out of town for several weeks, so I can't get better pics until he returns. Aside from blade being coated with silicon grease, it was nice with no pitting, spots, etc.

---Chris

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X