Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Norwegian Issue K98 Bayonet

Hi all!

I've been offered for sale a k98 bayonet for £40,the seller says it was re-issued to the norwegian army.The bayonet was made by E PACK & S.
    The pommel is waffen marked waa 265,scabbard is marked 43asw,blade marked with number 1562 f and +0 on blade spine.The scabbard has an unusual belt attachment,which I would say is not Third Reich era.Overall a nice looking bayonet,is it worth £40 or should I hang on to my cash.What do bayonets like this one normally sell for by main dealers!
    As usual all your comments are highly valued!
    This forum has saved me a fortune,so thanks to everyone on here!!

regards

Mac
    Attached Files

Another Pic.
    Attached Files

Comment

another pic
      Attached Files

Comment

and another
        Attached Files

Comment

yet another one...who's drinking stella tonight?
          Attached Files

Comment

last one....looks like the whole bayonet has been resprayed againn at some point.
            Attached Files

Comment

This is a Norwegian convertion to fit the USM1 Garand rifle. The orginal German M98 K was fitted with an adapter to fit the M1 rifle and the sheat got welded a hook to fit the US pistol belt.

Althought they are not uncommon, quite few were made and I think the price is right. However the convertion was made in the 50's and I guess the bayonet is of no interest for wwII collectors.

For collectors of Nowegian militaria and/or Garand collcetors it could be of interest.

There was a similar convertion of the Norwegian M1894 Krag bayonet to fit the US M1 carbine.

Ketil

Comment

Hi,
                IMO save your money once more, even if it's not expensive. Then add another £30 and buy an untouched one from WWII.
                ciao!

Comment

Correct sayed by Ketil, with became its a time of history so probably a good piece in future, the original piece is probably E.Pack Solingen, 1940 dated, could be proofed WaA253. best regards,Andy

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X