Out of the woodwork !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Out of the woodwork !!!

I run a local AD and these were brought to me from the Vets shed. He is deceased and The families helper was given these. What a gift HUH !!

the first ones are 2nd pattern Luft Mkr Paul Meyersberg

1 st pattern Luft Mkr Josef Munch IMB ? Brotterode

I am not a dagger collector however I learn fast I HOPE Please offer any info or links I would like to know Aprox value in this condition.
    Attached Files

Luft Daggers
    Attached Files

Comment

SA AND Heer

SA Issued (NO) mkr C.F. Kayser

Heer the roughest one Loose handle knot is somewhat rough as well as scabbard. Mkr E.F. Horster
      Attached Files

Comment

As well as these two ! I know one is a heer dress Bayo however the other I am not sure of
        Attached Files

Comment

Close up
          Attached Files

Comment

The last piece is a czechoslovak Vz.24 Mauser bayonet, the date should be on tang between grips from under side of the grip. maybe any unit markings on pommel. best regards,Andy

Comment

The second dagger you show is not a 1st model Luft, but a DLV or NSFK dagger, which is much rarer. Can you post a photo of the top of the scabbard throat where the blade enters the scabbard. For a gift, it's a heck of a score!
              Ignored Due To Invisibility.

Comment

Thanks for the help Gentleman I discoverd the mistake about the DLV late after reading and searching for as much info on all the blades as I could. I did recieve some good news about the SA. I was told that the Mkr is a very rare one as well as very limited production ! I couldn't ask for a much better moment in time for a Militaria Crackhead I will ride the buzz a long time ! I even woke up my wife like I won the Lottery God luv her she has to love my addiction right along with me I may be selling some of the items any ideas on values. Just not my expertise a little lost. I can provide more pics if nessary.

Fred

Comment

I'd suggest that you concentrate on these one at a time and provide the clearest photos possible. Show good photos of the grips, crossguards, maker marks, and blade mottos. Most prospective buyers are going to want to know how much irreversable damage was done by impropper storage. On first glance, it looks like the SA may be the bell of the ball.

Comment

Just a freindly suggestion. If you are not very familiar with proper conservation and cleaning methods please leave them alone. Most often more damage is done thru good intentions but the lack of proper knowledge or skill when historical items are improperly cleaned.

All the best,

Tony
                    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

"First ponder, then dare." von Moltke

Comment

I'd like to second Tony's advice, don't try and clean them yourself.

Comment

Nice find. It is a shame they weren't stored properly. Tony is right, it is not impossible, but hard to restore without doing more damage. As far as makers the Sa and DLV- NSFK are pretty rare makers. As far as value, unfortunatley the condtion is pretty rough, this is my guess from the pics.
                        2nd Luft 275.00
                        DLV 400.00
                        Sa 350.00
                        Army 175 to 200.

If they were in good condition they would be worth much more. BTW the fittings on the army look like they are aluminum which is a unusual and desireable by some collectors.

Cheers,
                        Phil

Comment

I rhink Phil is spot-on with his pricing. The prices he notes are good starting points for all the daggers. It remains to be seen if they will sell given the condition, but you can always negotiate a mutually agreeable final number with any prospective purchaser(s)

Best,
                          Skip

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X