Opinions on NSKK with different insert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions on NSKK with different insert

Hi, I am after opinions on this NSKK Dagger. Is this a manufactured varient of the handle insert or a fantasy piece. If real, what is its approx value.
    Thanks, Alan
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

the upp and lower crossguards doesnt match, that s first bad sign. The second is the low quality of the NSKK insert. I have never seen something like that and I'm sure it was agaisnt regulation. But ofcourse its not impossible, how knows how have done it. I would see this more like a "fun" thing than a superrare textbook piece.

Also the blade seem to have been polished at some point.

Comment

Hi Alan, sorry, this is a fantasy item. Schonbeck has pointed out several of it's other faults.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

The dagger forself looks good , but the insignia is postwar and postwar inlet .I mean the crossguards are correct , i know what schönbeck means , but i think this is the different light .

Comment

I bet this was a denazifyed piece that someone "repaired".

Comment

I don't like the grip shape much. Is it me or does the SA rune look different?

Comment

Sorry, I don't like the blade either. What's with the groove in the center?
                  Ignored Due To Invisibility.

Comment

Hello Larry, i think this is not a groove , this is the light - a shadow . The blade is cleaned , that let the blade a little strange look . I am very sure that the blade is good .
                    Regards.

Comment

The parts look to be original. The blade has been polished or wire wheeled. The NSKK eagle was added to the grip at a later time. The black circle seems to mask a poor inletting job. Certainly not anything period or rare.
                      In actuality it is either a conscious attempt to decieve or an uninformed and poor job of 'restoring' a missing grip eagle.

Either way any historical and actual value is just the sum of the parts. Nothing more.

Tony
                      An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

"First ponder, then dare." von Moltke

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X