Price of a dagger?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Price of a dagger?

Hi Fellahs, I know nothing about daggers but my mate has a 1st pattern LW dagger with hangers and knot that is in mint condition. His father took it from a German officer who surrendered to him whilst he was on guard duty in '45.( he was going to have the blokes watch but it had an inscription on the back and he felt this would have been out of order). It could be coming my way in terms of a swop so what is the approximate ball park figure as to its worth. It has never been in a collection, incidently he also obtained some lovely silver cultery at the same time. I think Britsh vets used to get souveniers that their mum's could use, as this is the third time I have seen this happen!

Good, collectible examples of First Model Luftwaffe daggers are both deisrable and less commonly encountered than one might think.

The value will vary based on whether it's an early, silver dagger or the later aluminum production. If it is truly mint, retail value could be worth in the vicinity or $1,000.00, especially if it is earlier vintage piece.

Good luck,
    Skip

Comment

Well the dagger is now ith me to sell, so I will post some pictures to get some idea of its value and then put it on the estand. I rather like it myself but funds are thin at the moment!

Comment

photo

Here is a very ordinary photo of the dagger, opinions would be appreciated thanks in advance Graeme
        Attached Files

Comment

That is a 2nd pattern LW dagger and based on scuffing of the grip, I do not believe it rates as mint or even near mint. Would need to see more.
          Alitur vitium vivitque tegendo

Comment

The value just got cut in half (or more) as well.
            Ignored Due To Invisibility.

Comment

I hope this sheds a bit more light. The blade is marked tiger solingen with a small picture of what I assume is a tiger.
              Attached Files

Comment

More images
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Graeme G; 05-14-2006, 04:24 AM. Reason: wrong picture

Comment

Fair condition based on photos. The best thing going for it is the hangers and portepee. Some collectors would buy it just to get the portepee off the grip and then sell for what they paid for the rig.
                  Alitur vitium vivitque tegendo

Comment

daggers

hello when I buy or look at a peice i like to see age on it . there are to many repros and such out there . If im going to buy something old i wont it to look old you know . to much infacences is put on things that are in mint condition you know. nice dagger.

Comment

While some may say that dagger is junk, it is just what I would like to see in my collection. I know it is not humped up or messed with in any way. The portapee and hangers make it for me.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X