HJ dagger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HJ dagger

Hi Ive been looking at hj dagger threads to try and compare this one the hand grips are painted clear plastic the blade is marked Whitby made in soligen could i please have some opinions.
    Regards Dave.
    Attached Files

grip detail
    Attached Files

Comment

blade markings
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi Dave,

While I'm not an HJ guy, per se, I can see some problems with the HJ knife you pictured. Period grips are of black checkered bakelite and would be fitted with dressed rivets. The blade is a post war addition as well. While it is marked "Solingen", Whitby was not a period German manufacturer of blades, additionally a period ricasso would not be marked "Made in Solingen". I can't tell about the HJ enameled badge but it may be period, not sure really. I would suggest looking elsewhere if you were considering purchasing this piece.

Comment

This is not a good HJ knife. Totally post war. The scabbard is another clue. Real ones don't have a lip around the top and have a small rivet too. Compare this one to some others shown on the forums and you can see what I mean.

Lakeside trader has a great article on his website about HJ knives.

Comment

Thanks Billy & Jason i was sure it was going to be bad news is it worth putting on estand or is it not even a good repro?
            Cheers Dave.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X