MilitaryStockholm

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question: Robert T Klaas Dress Bayonet (ETCHED!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question: Robert T Klaas Dress Bayonet (ETCHED!)

Here is the info I have but no photos...is this for real you think? Seller is taking offers and I'm on the fence.

"Robert T Klaas Dress Bayonet. Blade is 9 and 3/4 inches, the handle is Black diamond knurled plastic 4 and 3/4 inches. The blade is highly polished and single edged. It has an 11 inch sheath in very good original cond., and a frog in good cond. also.

The rare part of this that separates this from other ones is etched in the center of the blade. The center of the blade has a stretched out eagle with a swaz sign below it and Zur Erinnerungan on left side of sign and Meine Dienstzeit on right side of sign. Surrounding all this is all fancy scroll work. This is all etched in and looks as good as the day it was done."

Any help is much appreciated as to value and originality despite my lack of photos.

Thanks

Alex

Engraved bayonets have become a mine field of fakes in the past 10 years or so. The pattern with the "In Rememberance of My Service" is at least an accepted inscription. Without some good photos it's almost impossible to tell you more than that.
    Ignored Due To Invisibility.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Lipps
      Engraved bayonets have become a mine field of fakes in the past 10 years or so. The pattern with the "In Rememberance of My Service" is at least an accepted inscription. Without some good photos it's almost impossible to tell you more than that.
      Thanks! I will see what I can do.

Alex

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X