KM dagger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KM dagger

I am very interesting in purchase this dagger, but this is the only pic in my posesion. Which is the impression? Looks good?
    Attached Files

From that picture I don't have any alarm bells, although a more experienced collector may say otherwise.
    Its a bit difficult to say 100% without seeing better, closer images, the lower crossguard seems to be bent a little and the scabbard has a few knocks but overall I would give it a

Comment

Yes, the pic is very little, but I think that is good.

Comment

While I don't see any red flags based on your photo, I'd encourage you to try and get a few more images before ploping down the cash. Keep in mind as well that a dagger in this condition will be a tough sell if you try and upgrade in the future. There's a lot to be said for a "been there" piece as long as it will make you happy for the long term.
        Ignored Due To Invisibility.

Comment

Thanks Larry. Which is the medium price for this dagger? The seller want 330 euros.

Comment

The price is fair given the condition, provided you intend to keep the dagger. Like Larry and Adrian have said, better pics would help.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

330 Euros / $400 US is a fair price if - as Larry said - you can live with a dagger in that condition. It appears to be original, but has certainly seen better days and - to echo Larry's concerns again - will be tough to sell down the road.

Hope that helps,
              Skip

Comment

Hold out for a KM dagger with a knot. Army and Luft daggers look OK without knots and they can be added with ease. KM daggers look naked without one and it is nearly impossible to tie them correctly and not have it obvious it is a post-war addition.

This is not one you will want to keep for the long run.
                Alitur vitium vivitque tegendo

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X