Originally posted by Anthony Evans
    does this look like its been re-tipped
    Too hard to tell from that photo.

Comment

does the dagger look good though

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony Evans
        does the dagger look good though
        Anthony... from the photos that have been posted, in my opinion, I think it would be best if you stayed well clear of that dagger and keep your money. There are too many red flags.

Comment

what are the red flags on 2nd dagger

Comment

On the 2nd dagger, from the photos posted... the eagle, the grip and it has bad crossguard fittings.

Are these both from the same Seller?

It seems that you want to buy an SS at a price around or less than 2K? If you do a bit of searching, there are a few available on Dealer sites at the moment.

Comment

Anthony... just wanted to say... if someone is trying to sell you a dagger with these sort of photos, stay well clear.

I don't believe people that say that this is the best photos they can provide, what are they... 10 years old? We have too much technology available not to provide better pictures. The Seller does know how to use a camera, load them onto his computer and then email them to you right? It makes me think the Seller is hiding things with second rate photos.

Make sure you can get an inspection period, all Dealers will give you one. SS daggers cost a lot of money and it's too much to throw caution to the wind.

Comment

Anthony,
                While the photos aren't really good enough to make a definitave call, there are certainly a few red flags waving. My general experience is that silence from the forum indicates that most members just aren't certain about an item. With the cost of SS daggers, it's usually a bad move to jump into uncertainty. Unless these come with an iron clad guarantee, I'd try and find something that meets with greater acceptance. I know that's not what you wanted to hear, but it's better than finding out later that you own a piece of scrap.
                Ignored Due To Invisibility.

Comment

by all means the more a item is disproved the more i enjoy, we learn and i save its a win win situation

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X