k98 bayo help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

k98 bayo help

hi fellas can anyone help me identify maker and year on bayo i purchased . has maker mark S/177G on one side and 6206 on the other,any help apprciated . Thanks WILL

Will, It’s a "G" dated (1935) bayonet that was made by Ernst Pack u. Söhne GmbH, Solingen. The “6206” is the serial number. I hope this helps. Regards, FP

Comment

k98 bayo help

hello fellas i have been informed that my bayo is a 1935 Earnst Pack u. sohne, Solingen . my question is could this bayo have been given a ww1 scabbard when made in '35. because there is a small srew above the scabbard hanger and all the ones i see for ww2 have this screw on the side and there are no serial numbers on this scabbard any help appreciated Thanks WILL

Comment

Will, Probably not. When they manufactured new in the 1935 (and earlier) the scabbards had the same markings as the blade and the screw on the side. And they were serial numbered together with matching numbers. Once in a while you will see a German arsenal reworked bayonet/scabbard using parts from different time periods. However, one of the components (usually the scabbard) will be renumbered to match the bayonet. Regards, FP

Comment

The scabbard you describe sounds like a WW1 reissue... these were done by W.u.K. between 1927 and 1930... but, Im just echoing what FP said
          Do you have any pics you can post?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X