SS Bayonet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Bayonet

What do you guys think of this SS Bayonet?

My first opinon is that the SS mark is on the pommel and it belongs on the crossguard.

Or are there versions with SS marks on the pommel?

Or am i totally wrong and arent there SS bayonets?

Last edited by Maarten; 02-13-2006, 05:24 PM.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Maarten,

Your pictures are very dark and it is difficult to make out details, but I believe your bayonet is a fake. It appears to be a standard military S84/98 bayonet with military WaA on the pommel and an added SS runes stamp on the back of the pommel. There is no reason for such a stamp to be on a military bayonet in this manner. The knot is a standard Heer enlisted Troddel and is not SS related.

Comment

Maarten, I also think the bayonet is a fake and the same mark (and some variants) have been seen on: Portuguese contract bayonets, Spanish M1943 bayonets, and a number of German 98K bayonets. Sometimes the fakers will stamp the pommel, crossguard, and the blade to “prove” that the bayonet is “SS” issue. There are some legitimate bayonets and belt frogs - but this is not one of them. Regards, FP

Comment

Is there any marking on ricassos or scabbard, what for WaA have You stamped on pommel? Thanks best regards,Andy

Comment

Wasnt SS equipment SS stamped instead of the WaA??

Comment

Hello,many members believe that only reworked SS items was so stamped, after 41/42 were used normal Wehrmacht accepted material. So mainly the SS stamping were found on early pre Waffen-SS period. best regards,Andy

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X