Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Original german trench knife, or not?

Hello,
    What do you think of this german trench knife? It looks so new to me.
    Is it perhaps not german?

I know, there are even replica's of these.

I hope someone can help me!

Greetings,
    Frank
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Looks fine to me!

Comment

I am reminded of the many fake “SS” items that have extra markings added. To try and prove that they are “genuine” and not another one of those “nasty fakes” which are in circulation. IMO this is one of the many trench knives from India. The thing that gives it away is the (Water Buffalo?) leather scabbard hanging strap with the same leather as seen on the reproduction “German” bayonet frogs and holsters - also from that part of the world made for the collectors market. Here is another WAF thread presumably with the same knife. FP

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=137623

Comment

Hello,
                  I hadn't seen that the same knife had already been placed.

It was just sold. After what I read, I don't mind that at all. He's indeed also not something, I'd like to have in my collection.

Thanks!
                  Frank

Comment

Hi Frank,

This model is the most faked WWI trench knife there is, they are all over ebay. The fakes have blades that look sort of soft, like this one. I've never seen a trench knife with numbers on it like this, real or fake. Can you post a picture of the front side of the scabbard? The fakes have something different about them than the originals.

Comment

Huh?? And what about that Imperial marking<,??

Comment

Originally posted by andy1230_13
                        Huh?? And what about that Imperial marking<,??
                        What about it about it? If you think something's real because it has a certain mark on it run away from this hobby now and save your money.

For example - This ebay seller has 4 of these knives for sale as well as a repro British "Commando" Knife, air-soft guns, and a "Ninja" sword. http://cgi.ebay.com/WW1-GERMAN-TRENC...QQcmdZViewItem

Comment

Originally posted by andy1230_13
                          Looks fine to me!
                          Andy i have 10 to sell you ;-) cheap

Comment

Having collected and dealt with fighting knives for 25 years now, I would say it is a recent India production as well. These are getting so prolific I won't buy any trench knife from someone unless I see it in person. It has been my experience that when you see numbers stamped in the blades of these it is often to hide the very light photo engraved import mark of 'INDIA'

And as others have correctly noted these are everywhere and not just WW1 pattern, as a larger producer of better copies shows...

http://www.affordableknives.com/cata...s/PCTRENCH.htm

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X