Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M1935 Bahnschutz Dagger Handle

Hi Everyone,
    I recently picked up a lot of items and in it was a black handle I believe is for the M1935 Bahnschutz dagger. It looks exactly like an army handle but is a very dark blue/black. The end where the pommel goes on is slightly larger. I have tried it on a few of my own daggers but it doesn't quite fit. Does anyone know what maker this may fit on? I'd like to put one together to go with my Bhanschutz uniform. Also what are these handles worth?
    Thanks,
    Keith

Can't help with value, as this would be a classic case of "whatever the market will bear", but it would be best suited for an early (Army) dagger by Robert Klaas.

Good luck,
    Skip

Comment

Are there traces of white paint inside the grip shaft or on the ends? If so, it's surely an original. Please note, though, that black cast resin grips have been produced to "help" army daggers become "railway" daggers.

Comment

Photos

Hi Guys,
        Thank for the information. Here are some pics of the handle. It has some traces of white on the inner edge of the shaft and a line down the interior of the shaft. The piece doesn't appear to be painted though. It smells like bakelite.
        Keith
        Attached Files

Comment

It is the wrong shape to be a Klaas grip, and looks like an effort to reproduce the 2nd model railway grip, which is strange, given the army-type ferrel stuck to it. On my website, I have listed a 1st model Klaas (it still has the paint). You can view it for comparison.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X