Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Etxhed Army

Hi Guys,
    Opinions please, good or bad on this etched army. I know the photos aren't very good but they are all I have at the moment.

Les
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

From what I can see of this dagger, it is a well known reproduction from the 1960s-70s period. They were etched with a "Generalstab" reference and the rather distinctive etched eagle is of the Voos Army style but without the oak leaves beneath each wing. As I recall, the blade was also rather mis-shapen with a broad flat central section. I hope this helps.

BTW, I understand they have begun to reproduct the Voos etch lately as well since they have learned from thier mistakes. I have seen the above reproduction etch before but I have not seen one of the new Voos style repops.

Comment

Thanks for the info, saved me some hard earned cash

Les

Comment

I'm with George (SCHUPO)...save your money! The ones without the leaves under the eagle always give me the creeps.

Best,
          Skip

Comment

Clemen & Jung? in oval? On an Army? No sprigs under wings? Bogus presentation? Blade is bad.
            DJ

Comment

Thread from GDC with a little more detailed info on the newer repro etched Voos daggers.

http://daggers.infopop.cc/groupee/fo...3/m/7040069793

Comment

Even from a distance, one can see the shallow etch on these fakes.
                Alitur vitium vivitque tegendo

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X