Fighting knife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fighting knife

Hi,I've been offered this knife. Got two questions is this original and what's fair price for it? I have not handled much of them that's why I'm little concerned about pretty rough finish of handle . It has maker mark on blede and 3marked on guard. It seems to be unsharpened.
    Thanks in advance.
    Attached Files

another angle
    Attached Files

Comment

more
      Attached Files

Comment

back
        Attached Files

Comment

Richards, There are a fair number of reproduction fighting knives (marked and unmarked) floating around with many of them being “artfully” aged. The wood in image #3 resembles some I have seen from India, but they are coming from other places as well. Some better images might help - but right now I have more doubts than assurances that it’s legitimate. Regards, FP

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Richards, Thanks for the extra images. Which do give me a much better feel for the knife which is now more favorable. If the wood does not have a noticeable (pungent) odor to it: Gordon Hughes reported a late WW I German trench knife that does resemble this example with crude grips and a small crowned gothic “F” on the blade. Harder to tell from the initial images, the knife seems to have some age (easier still to determine in sunlight) and it looks like the blade probably has been cut down/sharpened/resharpened (etc.) not having the full profile as one from the factory. As a well used WW I trench knife that is not an area where I am in touch with prices, but am sure that others could provide some help with that aspect of it. Regards, FP

Comment

Looks like a generic original to me, albeit in poor condition. Broken blade tip that's been reground, poorly. Overall used and abused. I believe many of these knives were used as utility knives for many years after the war which would explain the condition of your example. Perhaps $50-$60 on Ebay if you're lucky.
                            Regards,
                            Erich Krausse

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X