"ss- Xmas Pressi"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"ss- Xmas Pressi"

Why is it that nobody can buy me an xmas pressi like I can buy myself, who else had to buy there own xmas present, here's mine to me , roll on next Christmas so I can see what I buy myself .
    Peter
    Attached Files

pic 2
    Attached Files

Comment

pic 3
      Attached Files

Comment

I was that skint i could only get myself a few tinnies

Maybe next xmas!!!!

What a cracking dagger by the way

Comment

Very nice one!
          Could you check the cross guard interior markings?

Comment

Originally posted by sokol
            Very nice one!
            Could you check the cross guard interior markings?
            Sorry no can do, I do not have a take down tool, and everything is tight.
            Peter

Comment

The cross guard numbers look strange to me. Are they right? I only ask this to learn I am not qualified to make a judgment on this

Best, Sal

Comment

[quote=Sal Williams]The cross guard numbers look strange to me. Are they right? I only ask this to learn I am not qualified to make a judgment on this

Best, Sal[/quote

Not all SS daggers have a serial Number like this, unfortunatly this Number do's not appear in the key ( not issued to an officer ) but can be found stamped/ punched either side or underneath the crossguard.
                Peter

Comment

Hi Sal, the order to serial number daggers was fairly short lived. Not all SS daggers got them. The onus was upon the owner to undertake the work either himself or at his own expence. Hence there is no standard way of marking or type of font used. Modern fakers do slip up now and again and use post war die stamps with newer design fonts. I have seen this discussed in the past.

Hi Peter, nice present

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Hello Ade,
                    Happy New Year, Who knows better than oneself what you want for Christmas .

Peter

Comment

Thanks guys that answers my question!

Comment

Peter, They look like PA crossguards, and never a need to take them apart. Check to see if there is a very lightly stamped Roman numeral III within that SS serial number. That is usually what the Hammesfahr daggers are numbered with. JR

Comment

Hello JR,
                          I can't see anything but that not to say they might have been there, I hope you like my xmas present , what I had from you was my New Years present, I really know how to indulge myself .
                          Peter

Comment

Very nice Mate ! The group mark for Hammesfahr will be very light and may have been obliterated with the serial number or even before the serial number was stamped. I once had a Klaas that the crossguards were lightly filed prior to the stamping of the serial number that wasn't traciable anyway.

Comment

Congratulations on your very nice present Peter!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X