Strange Unmarked K98 Bayo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange Unmarked K98 Bayo

I picked this up a few months ago to replace one I lost in the woods. It is very strange, it's unmarked entirely and it looks like the blade is coming out of the handle just slightly due to the tiny gaps on either side of the top of it. However no amount of force I've used has been able to get it move further back in or out. The sheath also has no lip at the top and the screw is in the centre which I usually only see on dress bayo's. Is this even German WW2?

It’s a Spanish Model 1943. Being copied from export model 98K bayonets sent from Germany to Spain in the late 1930’s. While I haven’t looked at one in a while, my recollection is seeing at least some that were constructed in two pieces like many dress bayonets. FP

Comment

Originally posted by Frogprince
      It’s a Spanish Model 1943. Being copied from export model 98K bayonets sent from Germany to Spain in the late 1930’s. While I haven’t looked at one in a while, my recollection is seeing at least some that were constructed in two pieces like many dress bayonets. FP
      Ok, thanks a lot, I paid $75 for it as a German bayo, hope I didn't get ripped off. It's good to know what it is though, thanks again!

Comment

Originally posted by DarExc
        Ok, thanks a lot, I paid $75 for it as a German bayo, hope I didn't get ripped off. It's good to know what it is though, thanks again!
        Look at it this way, you got a 75.00 lesson in bayonets. BTW i have done the same thing.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X