Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bayonet knot for flak

hi
    can anyone help me out on finding what the correct knot/troddel for a luftwaffe dress bayonet i have that belonged to an unteroffizer of the flak rgt 25. i need to know the correct form and colours please.
    kind regards gaz

Gaz, While knots are not particularly my specialty. Using George Wheeler’s excellent book “Seitengewehr: History of the German Bayonet 1919-1945” - on page 293 he has in color a picture of the Luftwaffe NCO Faustriemen and the brown Luftwaffe belt frog. With the knot having a silver ball with a silver flecked green crown. And a plain blue/gray leather strap and slide. FP
    Last edited by Frogprince; 01-02-2006, 09:52 AM.

Comment

hi FP
      thanks for your reply
      would you take a look on the e stand on the edged weaons thread as under knots part 1 there are 4 lufftwaffe knots for sale would either of the centre ones could be right for my bayonet from what you describe
      kind regards gaz

Comment

gaz,

Either Luftwaffe NCO Faustriemen (#3 or #4 I believe) that Robert has for sale on estand would be the correct knot for your Luftwaffe Unteroffizier of Flak KS98 bayonet. I hope this helps.

George

Comment

many thanks george
          regards gaz

Comment

Originally posted by SCHUPO
            gaz,

Either Luftwaffe NCO Faustriemen (#3 or #4 I believe) that Robert has for sale on estand would be the correct knot for your Luftwaffe Unteroffizier of Flak KS98 bayonet. I hope this helps.

George
            george can you identify the knot posted by hubertus at

http://daggers.infopop.cc/groupee/fo...3/m/6750091893

thanks

Comment

John,

That is an interesting knot. Made like a Faustriemen but with a sewn cloth strap and all green. I suspect this is a true Hunting Association or Forestry knot on his Hunting Association KS98. While all green military knots (ususally a Troddel) are often mistaken for Hunting/Forestry knots, I think the one on the link is in fact correct for this bayonet.

George

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X