Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS dagger help

Hello everyone,

First time I have been in the dagggers forum and seek the help from you dagger pros. I have no knowledge at all when it comes to daggers and came accross this SS enlisted dagger...........It looks nice but I have no clue as to it's authenticity, any input would be great.

regards

Steve

Always looking for near mint or better third reich visors
    Attached Files
    Last edited by cav scout; 04-12-2006, 07:07 PM.

pic 2
    Attached Files

Comment

pic3
      Attached Files

Comment

pic4
        Attached Files

Comment

pic5
          Attached Files

Comment

pic6
            Attached Files

Comment

Based on the photos, it appears to me to have plated fittings, but it looks like it has a benchmark (III) on the upper crossguard fitting. Can you tell if the fittings are solid nickle or plated?
              Ignored Due To Invisibility.

Comment

Hi Larry,

I got the pics of the internet so I do not know if the fittings are solid nickle or plated, but it is a question I will ask the owners. I know pics do not always tell the story........But, your questions help me as I can look into them I learn something on the way.

Much thanks Larry!

Regards

Steve
                Last edited by cav scout; 04-12-2006, 07:07 PM.

Comment

1053 is the SS contract number for WKC. This blade was made in 1938, so there should be no distribution mark on the crossguard because that was stopped by that time. If the crossguard has a distribution mark then it is solid nickel silver and not plated. It would be very unusual to find a dagger made in 1938 that was not plated. That all being said, I have seen another dagger even later made (1053/39) that also had solid nickel silver crossguards and was distribution marked I. That dagger also had an anodized scabbard. Might be that WKC made some anomalies but I wouldn't invest in one of these. Too many questions and too hard to sell because it's not "textbook".

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X