My first dagger, thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first dagger, thoughts?

I found this recently in a private listing, and bought it for $350. It is my first dagger. I realize second model lufts are a dime a dozen, but was curious if that was a good price and what you thought of the piece?

The pictures I am posting are from the seller and I do not have it in hand yet. I'd like to find a matching hanger and portapee that matches the condition of this piece. Any thoughts from you dagger buffs out there? I'm excited to get it in my hands.

Thanks to all.

Alex
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

anyone? Is it a bad one? Or just a general shrug? I'd like to clean it up just a little bit, blade mostly and then store it safely.

Comment

It looks ok to me. A little loving cleaning and it should be a nice addition to your collection. Search this forum for hints and tips to cleaning it. The price is ok for the shape.

There are many fine folks here who sell hangers and knots for daggers. Keep checking the e-stand or post a thread in the "wanted area".

Welcome to the dangerous and addictive world of daggers.

JasonS

Comment

Looks fine to me too Alex. Give it a light cleaning and it will look great

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Thanks to both of you. I look forward to seeing it hand.

Alex

Comment

Looks like a nice dagger, congrats
                      Regards Lassi

Comment

I agree...the piece is definitely original and shoudld clean up somewhat. Hangers and a knot should not be too hard to find.

Once you've bought that first dagger, though...watch out - it's very addictive!

Best,
                        Skip

Comment

Thanks guys...like I need another sub category to get sucked into!!!

good god, what have I done...in all seriousness, I am really looking for a nice SA that I could afford at some point down the road. That's the dagger I fell in love with as a kid. I stumbled on this one because it is closer to my price point right now and I'm always scouring, looking... searching.

And it is a vet purchase which is nice. I like the hunt.

Alex

Comment

Very nice piece for the price Alex. No damage and just in need of a minor cleaning. I've seen much worse sell for much more.
                            Richard V

Comment

Hi, I just PM'd you on another item, but you are now caught. I bought my Luft dagger 1st one in June, very nice unmarked 1 that I got about your price. Than a very nice member of this forum sold me an SA very nice at good price. Than another nice forum member sold me a nice ground Rhom. Than I got just 1 Army. I got edged out by minutes on a very nice NSKK. Watch out What I got is catching. I only wanted 1 dagger. Do you want me to take this one off your hands so you dont get hooked like me? Very nice dagger.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X