Need help with an Army Dagger!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with an Army Dagger!

Planning to buy this E.F H******246;rster Army Dagger but need to know if it's a good purchase or not.
    Greatful for any opinion.

Best,

Sam,
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Nakida; 12-28-2005, 12:57 PM.

Pics are a bit small but everything looks correct for a Horster.

Cheers,
    David.
    At Rathau on the Aller, the CO of 5th Royal Tanks advanced on foot to take a cautious look into the town before his tanks moved in. He encountered one of his own officers, a huge Welshman named John Gwilliam who later captained his country's rugby team, 'carrying a small German soldier by the scruff of his neck, not unlike a cat with a mouse.' The Colonel said: 'Why not shoot him?' Gwilliam replied in his mighty Welsh voice: 'Oh no, sir. Much too small.'

Comment

Originally posted by David C
      Pics are a bit small but everything looks correct for a Horster.

Cheers,
      David.
      Thanks for your help David.

Best,

Sam,

Comment

Agreed.

It would look especially cool if you can manage to tie the knot back around the grip correctly.

Best,
        Skip

Comment

I have a WKC that is nearly identical without the hangers and knots. What would one like that be valued at? Or is it kosher to ask about prices here?

Comment

It's okay to ask about pricing/value in most cases...just remember that any opinions rendered are very general. An Army dagger in the condition shown (I would personally rate this one as excellent plus) without a knot or hangers would likely fetch about $400.00 - $450.00.

Skip

Comment

Originally posted by Skipper Greenwade
              It's okay to ask about pricing/value in most cases...just remember that any opinions rendered are very general. An Army dagger in the condition shown (I would personally rate this one as excellent plus) without a knot or hangers would likely fetch about $400.00 - $450.00.

Skip
              Thanks Skip!

That was a good answer to my question as well,

Best,

Sam,

Comment

Based on the photos, the portepee looks too short for an army dagger. It looks more like a Luftwaffe knot.
                Ignored Due To Invisibility.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Lipps
                  Based on the photos, the portepee looks too short for an army dagger. It looks more like a Luftwaffe knot.
                  Thanks Larry!

I didn't thought about that, but It's obvious that the portepee is too short when I compare pictures on other Army daggers with portepee.

Best,

Sam

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X