Hitler Youth Knife-opions please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can someone tell me a little something about this knife, it has no maker mark..
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Hi, I only have 1 of these, and it is the only 1 I have ever held, so somebody else answer this thread also, But I think there is a problem with the scabbard.I have Robin Lumsden book, Third Reich Militaria, page 70 Scabbards having a raised lip at the throat ---originals had no lip. He also says the same exact wording on page 64 in his book detecting the fakes. I passed on buying 1 that was offered to me, as it had a lip or ridge on the scabbard. I am far from an expert, but I would get a few opinions on this one. Also the swastika on mine is very different, it is enameled.

Comment

Hi
            It's a fake.

Comment

You may find this link helpful: http://lakesidetrader.com/HJlesson.html
              www.lakesidetrader.com

sigpic

Comment

It is a fake. There are many thing wrong with it. Click on the link for lakeside trader (posted above) to learn what to look for in a good dagger. It is a great source of info!

Comment

Peter, I-lya, Jason S, and Lakesidetrader thanks for the info..
                  Paul Hogle thanks for your website info I have added it to my bookmarks.

Johnny

Comment

I own one configuration he does not mention, RZM marked (M7/13), no maker mark, but with a motto.

Comment

You have to admit the sharpening looks like wartime! With that said, some criminal must of wanted to rip off an unknowledgeable collector.

Comment

lakesidetrader has done a great job, but please use common sense, when comparing to your daggers. FOr example bad fitting on the gripplates is absolutley not a indication for beeing a fake.
                        HJ knifes where produced and assembled by several different producers, these where meant to be used, not for decoration(scout-knife)

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X