David Hiorth

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Relic (?) Kriegsmarine Dagger...worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Relic (?) Kriegsmarine Dagger...worth it?

Merry Christmas all of you in advance.

I was wondering if this was worth it. 250 Euros but I plan to only receive the pommel, sheath and the crossguard. The blade I'm telling the seller to keep. Partly because I don't want a rusty knife in my display...just in case my kid gets it, secondly I doubt whether customs would appove!

Is it about the right price given I'm doing this?

Jeff

I would have to say no

This one is in sad shape all around and not worth much at all. There really isn't much of a market for relic daggers and you would be stuck with parts that would have no value.
    You will be much better off waiting until a nice one comes along. I think there is one on e-stand right now for $750.00 in real nice shape.
    Merry Christmas,

Comment

if you want to sell it as a partsdagger, I doubt you will get your money back. Maybe you dont even get the pommel off.

Comment

Leave it where it is!!
        the handle is cracked the scabbard is dented and i doubt it will come apart very easily the tang will probably snap off into the pommel.
        as has been said wait for a good one i would place a value of no more than 100 euros on this

Comment

Hi Jeff,

I agree with the others on this one. The parts are all in bad condition. Especially the handle (which is cracked) and the sheath which has a really nasty dent in it. These parts are not worth €250. I find even €100 too much (but, maybe this is because I am Dutch). No serious Jeff. You can better buy a nice undamaged Kriegsmarine dagger. Such a dagger is much nicer to look at and it keeps his value.

Merry Christmas,

Frans

Comment

Thanks guys, I'm not a dagger collecter at all and just wanted to have something to augment my very small KM collection we'll just have to see how low the seller will go!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X