100% Original, 100% NOT MINE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

100% Original, 100% NOT MINE!

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Hello All

First, let me state that I will be posting more than just a photo of a dagger, but because the dagger originally belonged to a high ranking Nazi at one time, I thought I would post everything here. Well, I am about to share a sad, but true story. Several years ago I was informed that a former WWII US CIC-OSS agent attended my church. That this man, a lawyer at the the time the war began, was very active in counter intelligence as well as worked with the French Underground from 1943 to the end of the war. During his short, but amazing career he often found himself behind enemy lines gathering intelligence while hiding from the Gestopo (who shot at him more than once, but always seemed to miss). Following D-Day (he actually came ashore on Utah beach on D-Day+6) he would often travel about in "no-man's land" looking for information and known spies. Throughout this time, he obviously had the opportunity to "liberate" a few items of interest that he came across, some of which I have photographed and am now sharing with all of you. The real interesting part to this story is that two of these items pictured actually belonged to FRITZ SAUCKEL, Gauleiter of Thuringia (and later Brunswick and Anhalt and who was later hung at Nuremberg). The items (the Red Cross Dagger and the Medal bar) were physically taken from Sauckel's house by the vet only a couple hours after Sauckel had fled. As the primary CIC-OSS agent in the area at the time, he had vast investigative authority which provided extended access in not only Sauckel's house, but other high ranking officials in the following months. When I first saw the Red Cross Dagger, I must admit I was a little puzzled. Why would a Gauleiter have a Red Cross Dagger? However, after giving it some thought I believe this dagger may have been presented or awarded to him as a honorary dagger from the German Red Cross Organization. There is no doubt, that the vet acquired this dagger as well as the medal bar from Sauckels' residence. With regard to the medal bar, which includes a War Merit 2nd class without swords, NSDAP Long service medal, a Hindenberg cross without swords and a air defense medal, I found a Mothers cross loosely tied to it and the vet states this is how he remembers finding it. As for the other items pictured, he picked these up throughout France and Germany and could not recall who the original owners may have been. And now for the sad part of this story, I was not able to purchase any of it because his son wants it all . Yes that right, all of these items are within a 2 miles from my house and none of it will ever be mine. Enjoy!

</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Waffen-Mike; 12-21-2005, 12:22 AM.

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">A shot of the medal bar, which demonstrates this guy never saw action in the first or second world war...</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
    Attached Files

Comment

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Sauckel is pictured in the photo, he is the short guy near center of the phot looking at the two civilians

P.S. Check out that Hitler Head!
      </TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">

Attached Files

Comment

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">A general shot of much of the war booty</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
        Attached Files

Comment

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">A Himmler 1944 December greeting... Along with a copy of Mein Kampf which our vet friend liberated from "another high ranking Nazi's house," but couldn;t remember who </TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
          Attached Files

Comment

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Guns he acquired during his military service...</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
            Attached Files

Comment

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Pants he acquired which he called "SA Pants" made of some type of wood fiber, I had no idea but took a picture anyways </TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
              Attached Files

Comment

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">A close of of the front of the dagger...</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
                Attached Files

Comment

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">One more close up of that Himmler letter...</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
                  Attached Files

Comment

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">And finally, a picture of Fritz Sauckel I found in one of my books. The book's author was not very kind to this man calling him the "saddest sack of all" the Nuremberg defendants. Well, I hoped you enjoyed looking, because like me you will never own it </TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hi Mike, what a great story! Thanks for sharing. I have a little different take on your plight. I think it is fantastic that the man's son wants to keep everything. I certainly would never want anyone to purchase anything my grandfather took back. My uncles fought for those things after he died. No chance of them even going to me. So many today do not care about what their relatives did in the war, I think it is great that this man's son actually does.
                      best wishes,
                      jeff
                      Looking for a 30 '06 Chauchat magazine.

Comment

Great story I agree with Jeff its great the son wants to keep it all .Have you tried offering the vet say a couple of grand ? Rob.
                        God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Hi Jeff and Robb

Thanks for your comments guys and yes I did realize that all of these items should stay with the son and eventually go to the vet's grandson. In fact, this was the reason I didn't offer any money at the time of our meeting, I just didn't feel right making an offer. Nonetheless I am a collector and would have loved adding this booty to my little collection.

Best Regards
                          Mike

Comment

Mike, thanks for sharing. I think you did exactly the right thing. When I've had similar situations, I've tried to follow the trail and make certain thet the hiers know that should they ever decide to sell. please contact me. As these items start trickling down to grandkids, the interest wanes and you may get a call.

These piles of souvineers used to be reasonably commonplace, but this is the first one I've seen all year. Sometimes you don't have to own it to enjoy it.
                            Ignored Due To Invisibility.

Comment

Dagger

Just a small note: The dagger is not red cross, but rather social welfare.
                              Ron Weinand
                              Weinand Militaria

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X