X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lion Head Sword E.PACK&SOHNE

hello, here is a lion head sword for opinions. thanks,bb
    Attached Files
    Last edited by billybob; 11-26-2005, 07:52 PM.

closeup of handle
    Attached Files

Comment

Lions head
      Attached Files

Comment

Eagle
        Attached Files

Comment

backside of handle
          Attached Files

Comment

front of lion
            Attached Files

Comment

part of mm and mirror finish of sword blade.
              Attached Files

Comment

sword and scabbard
                Attached Files

Comment

He's a leopard and although not featured in my sword bible (Swords of Germany 1900/1945 by Angolia) he looks fine to me.

Cheers,
                  David.
                  At Rathau on the Aller, the CO of 5th Royal Tanks advanced on foot to take a cautious look into the town before his tanks moved in. He encountered one of his own officers, a huge Welshman named John Gwilliam who later captained his country's rugby team, 'carrying a small German soldier by the scruff of his neck, not unlike a cat with a mouse.' The Colonel said: 'Why not shoot him?' Gwilliam replied in his mighty Welsh voice: 'Oh no, sir. Much too small.'

Comment

Thank you david, I thought it was a lions head. to me they look similiar.does the wrap around handle look ok?thanks, bb

Comment

Looks okay to me as well. Keep in mind that there were so many patterns of Army swords that not all are attributed, even when maker-marked.

Best,
                      Skip

Comment

Very nice army sword . This pattern is not often seen .

Comment

David,

have a look on the side 122 (Swords of Germany 1900/1945 by Angolia), there is this saber, a mistake from Angolia (Maker Paul Seilheimer)?

Greetings Schwede

Comment

Yes indeed. The only thing I can't reconcile between the two is the ferrule. Other than that they appear to be identical, well spotted!

Could this be a mistake in the book? Or evidence of parts sharing between manufacturers? Or even a blade swap somewhere along the line?

Interesting.

Cheers,
                            David.
                            At Rathau on the Aller, the CO of 5th Royal Tanks advanced on foot to take a cautious look into the town before his tanks moved in. He encountered one of his own officers, a huge Welshman named John Gwilliam who later captained his country's rugby team, 'carrying a small German soldier by the scruff of his neck, not unlike a cat with a mouse.' The Colonel said: 'Why not shoot him?' Gwilliam replied in his mighty Welsh voice: 'Oh no, sir. Much too small.'

Comment

Hallo david,

have a look on the side 123 (maker tiger) and 134 (maker Anton Wingen)?????

Greetings Schwede

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X