Not A Textbook Sa Dagger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not A Textbook Sa Dagger

Hello' Lads, Has Anybody Seen An Sa Dagger Like This ? I Have Read All The Ref Books You Can Find But Nothing! Blade Maker Is Carl Jul Krebs. Was It A Private Design? Cheers Paul (pol65)
    Attached Files

looks suspicous, but cant really tell from the pics.
    Motto looks to small and thin. Crossguard looks to small for the handle. I wouldnt buy it without better pics....

here is my krebs http://www.greatmilitaria.com/krebs.html

Comment

Any chance of some better detailed photos? Ideally the maker's mark, motto, and upper and lower crossguard fittings.
      Ignored Due To Invisibility.

Comment

The embellished crossguards aren't unheard of...the only problem is telling whether the work was done in 1938 or 1978.

Better photos might help, though

Best,
        Skip

Comment

Iv'e seen a couple like that before. On the ones that I saw the top nut was also engraved / etched with the SA symbol. ( the scabbards were also untouched)
          They were supposed to have been done in the early 70's by the same guy in England that did the SS etching to the K98 bayos

Les

Comment

Paul,

The pics of the engraved hilt is a bit blurred but clear enough to identify the pattern. This engraving looks to be the type done in Liege, Belgium by an FN engraver freelancing for a dealer. These first appeared in the mid 1960s. Nicely done, as the engraver was a professional, but not TR period.

Tony
            An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

"First ponder, then dare." von Moltke

Comment

It's Not That Easy At This Game Is It? Many Thanks For The Info Guys. Cheers Paul

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,823 at 04:29 PM on Today.

Working...
              X