Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS-Geschenkdolch Sepp Dietrich, lot 1887, on Berliner Auktionshaus 121

Hi,

i do not think that this one was posted before on the WAF, so i would love to get your opinion on this lot which will be proposed tomorrow Sunday September 6, 2020 during Berliner Auktionshaus 121 as lot 1887.

https://www.berliner-auktionshaus.co...auction_id=121

SS-GESCHENKDOLCH SEPP DIETRICH, Klinge aus Rosendamast mit Resten der ehemalige Vergoldung, geätzte Devise sowie Inschrift "Zugeeignet in aufrichtiger Verehrung unserem Kommandeur Sepp Dietrich", Angel hart angelötet, dünnes Stoßleder, schwarz lackierter Holzgriff m. stirnseitiger Nr. "2", Lack terzseitig m. 3 kleinen Abplatzern im Bereich d. Parierstangen, diese Neusilber/versilbert/getönt m. handgeschnittenen EL-Motiven, innenseitig m. Nr. "3" bzw. "4" gekennzeichnet, Hoheitsadler Neusilber, Runenemblem versilbert/emailliert, Kopfschraube m. Silberkappe, Stahlscheide m. 2 Beschlägen aus Neusilber/versilbert, diese m. Zierrillen, schwarzes Scheidenleder fachmännisch ergänzt, insgesamt teilrestauriertes einmaliges Stück mit Fotoexpertise eines namhaften Blankwaffen-Experten v. 10. Mai 2020, in ergänzter Schatulle m. schwarzem Lederbezug, Deckelrand m. silberfarb. Zierpunzierung, Einlagen aus rotem seidigen Tuch m. silbergepr. Emblem im Kreis, Scharniere magnetisch, Verschlüsse Eisen/vernickelt.

Pictures courtesy of Berliner Auktionshaus.

See You

Vince
    Attached Files

Post war turnip entrenching tool.

Comment

There are numerous differences between this dagger and known original SS Honor Daggers. While the lack of a maker mark is not dispositive to authenticity, where are the oakleaf clusters flanking the motto? Typically, but not always, the blades are maidenhair damascus, not a deal breaker but again something to think about. The grip looks poorly fitted to the crossguards and the leather covering the scabbard has a different (and quite new) looking grain. There are also mismatched screws on the scabbard top fitting. And what of that case, the type we see on Eban all the time?

I am not an Honor Dagger expert by any means but these things (and I'm sure more) are merely things to ponder when considering such an item.

Comment

You can put "lipstick" on a pig - but at the end of the day it is still a pig. Not something that I would put in a collection of legitimate period TR artifacts. FP

Comment

Hi,

it would have been very surprising to find an original on BA...
          Someone will be heavily burned tomorrow, the bid is currently at 28000 euros (more than 35000 euros with fees !).

See You

Vince

Comment

Originally posted by FrenchVolunteer View Post
            Hi,

Someone will be heavily burned tomorrow, the bid is currently at 28000 euros (more than 35000 euros with fees !).

See You

Vince
            A fake, no question about that, and yes, someone is going to burn a lot of euro.

-Serge

Comment

Partially restored....hah! I wonder who the famous edged weapon expert is who provided a photo authentication letter in May 2020?

Comment

Not even a good fake IMO

Comment

Schreckliche Deutsch.

Comment

Originally posted by FrenchVolunteer View Post
                    Hi,

See You

Vince
                    This site is not worth looking at in general!

Comment

WOW! a fake and no hangers included with it!! well I guess if it had any hangers with it they would be fake also?

Comment

hello
                        this dagger is a GAG!!!
                        best regards
                        patrick

Comment

cannot get more ugly then that one, is this a spanish repro?

Comment

Hi,
                            a good 30000-euro spanking (around 40000 euros with fees)...

See You

Vince
                            Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X