Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Röhm SS dagger

Hello all,
    here some photos of my Röhm SS dagger with m36 scabbard found in Alsace France.

(I'm wondering about sell it for a RZM one because I like the SS runes on the blade)
    Attached Files

Looks to be OK to me. One link connector at wotons knot looks to be a period replacement.
    Someone unfortunately cleaned the dagger too vigirously.
    -Serge

Comment

Originally posted by Serge M. View Post
      Looks to be OK to me. One link connector at wotons knot looks to be a period replacement.
      -Serge
      Link connectors are all the same but one is not in the same side on the photo... Yes the dagger was cleaned a little vigirously but all is still here

Comment

Originally posted by Serge M. View Post
        -Serge
        I am with Serge.
        Correct Typ II, or B1 Chain,with an early transported M33 Klaas dagger . Typical for converted daggers are the buffer between scabbard throat and crossguard like here.
        and correct too the grinded Name of Röhm for SS Members.

Comment

Here is mine. Same maker, only full Rohm. Out of Paduca, KY veteran with a numbered M33 by Herder.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Weinand View Post
            Here is mine. Same maker, only full Rohm. Out of Paduca, KY veteran with a numbered M33 by Herder.
            Great dagger my friend :-) SS must remove Röhm name.on their daggers, your is fine with the full name ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Weinand View Post
              An SS-officer still wearing a Röhm dedicated dagger after 1936???

I don't believe that was possible in the highly controlled Nazi-state and certainly not in the SS-organisation!
              This dagger and scabbard must have been "married" after the war.

Also, be aware that +90% of all the Herder full Röhms are regular SS M33 dagger with the dedication added professionally... but postwar!
              That might be an alternative explanation of this configuration...

Best regards,

Victorman

Comment

Victor, same thoughts. I know many have their dream thoughts but post war more Röhm blades getting produced till now then during the war and already shortly after 45. Its a big big minefield.

Would be only the A1 chain with the nose bone the correct M36 variation? Otherwise I assume when not they are mixed up.

Comment

This dagger came directly from a WW2 veteran who got 2 Rohm SS Daggers out of the same house in Germany along with some other things at the end of the war. NO RULES were made to not be broken. Look at all the period photos that show SS hats with Army eagles, etc. etc.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X