No announcement yet.

Polizei bayonet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes it is, looks like it is in nice shape! I've one just like it.

Comment

Are they rare or more common to find? Any value vs ordinary k98 bayonet?

Comment

Police SG84/98 in depot condition very nice, the prices are comparable or slightly higher as for WaA proofed bayonets, this is a production of late ACS Alex.Coppel Solingen 1939/40 the screws on grips were probably removed in time?

Comment

The one screw in front of the grip, is some kind of loose, the other is tight.
          I also have a Alcoso with a slightly different logo.
          Attached Files

Comment

Nice looking Police bayonet. I would say they are not really that rare but more scarce. You will find 20 WaA marked ones before you run across one of these and that is why they bring a premium.

Comment

Certainly much scarcer than the Wehrmacht issued bayonets, some of the Police variants are probably edging into the relatively rare category. When I was just becoming interested in them "back in the day" I was surprised to find that some German Police collectors had apparently never seen or even handled one, although that was corrected to some extent by George Wheeler in his very good German bayonet book. As for the latest example from the type of finish I suspect that it's one of the so-called "Mid-War Commercial" (ie: Behörden) bayonets - later early period bayonets from Coppel normally having more of a 'high polish' finish, and a Police Eagle on the back edge (spine) of the bayonet. FP

Comment

The second one AWS Alcoso is late war piece, most real post 1942 production, is not confirmed is a police delivery, as no police proofs present, but it could be possible, the attached frog is probably belgian ? i dont known exactly. b.r.Andy

Comment

The frog on the latest version is a Belgian but reissued and converted to a NS organization bayonet hanger I have been told. This setup is known and found in Norway.

Comment

This is possible, anyway the piece looks like minor used, should be seen outside of frog the scabbard, blade looks untouched from the pictures.

Comment

Hello
                      Your ACS is very interesting because it has an inverted ACS logo. They are less common than the usual ACS logo you can read when you hold the bayonet in your hand as the AWS Alcoso schown in this post.
                      Regards
                      Alain

Comment

Originally posted by jwh44 View Post
                        Hello
                        Your ACS is very interesting because it has an inverted ACS logo. They are less common than the usual ACS logo you can read when you hold the bayonet in your hand as the AWS Alcoso schown in this post.
                        Regards
                        Alain
                        I have seen them both ways and they are all getting scarce.

Comment

There is also an "AWS" (Coppel) German Police marked version which is probably near or at the end of the Behörden police marked series of bayonets. FP

Comment

Thanks for the info regarding this theme. I have not seen many of those around. Interesting version this upside down logo, I did not know that.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X